Archive | Resources

RSS feed for this section

Tips about WorkCover Expert Witnesses and the like

For many injured workers, many medical professionals and even personal injury lawyers, there is quite a bit of scepticism about the workcover system’s use (or abuse) of “expert witnesses” including the (over)use of Independent Medical Assessors. It has been alleged that workcover expert witnesses and the like are not always there to share informed, evidence-based insights or opinions, but rather to “spin” evidence as required (by the insurer).

Continue Reading…

bullied-teacher FOI-worksafe-vic comcare-aka-con-care

Disputing decisions by Comcare

We receive a lot of questions re Comcare, particularly on how decisions can be disputed. Many Comcare decisions can be disputed, such as rejection of the claim, decisions to cease your benefits or a decision not to pay for certain medical treatment and/or pay you lump sum compensation for your permanent impairment, and even unreasonable decisions re your RTW.

Continue Reading…

know-your-workers-comp-rights certificate-capacity-workcover-vic

New WorkSafe Vic certificate of capacity mandatory 1 March

Just a reminder that WorkSafe Victoria ( Victorian WorkCover Authority) has stated that as of 1 March 2015, the new certificate of capacity will be mandatory if injured workers are to receive their weekly payments when off work.

Continue Reading…


Independent medical examiners Victoria complaint process

According to WorkSafe Victoria (now called the Victorian WorkCover Authority) they take all independent medical examiner (IME) complaints seriously. They claim to review and respond to each complaint received from an injured worker. Outlined in this post is the complaints handling process for IMEs, as well as the IME Service Standards and their “Declaration”…

Continue Reading…


Going interstate whilst on workcover

For a variety of different reasons, injured workers on the WorkCover system want or need to move interstate. Quite often, understandably,  injured workers lack the ability, resources or support to properly look after themselves whilst injured, and feel that they need to reside interstate with family, partner or friends, at least until they recover. The question asked is what happens to an injured worker’s claim and weekly pay when they move interstate?

Continue Reading…


How to access superannuation and TPD insurance for injury compensation

We have recently received a number of questions re super and TPD, and as promised, this article covers in detail how an injured worker can access (unlock early) superannuation and/or make a Total Temporary (TTD) or Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance claim. We have also included frequently asked questions and some additional tips.

Continue Reading…


How to make a complaint against your lawyer

If you have a problem with your lawyer, don’t be afraid to complain about your lawyer.
Many injured workers are  scared to complain when things go wrong and are confused, not only about their legal entitlements but also about the complaints system. In this article, we’ll run you through the process of how you can make a complaint against your (rogue) lawyer in Australia.

Continue Reading…